BEFORE

A bottle of Betadine that I saw in my friend's room. At that time, I didn't know what it was used for.
Impressions similar to the one above were made by my wet feet on the dry bathroom floor and somehow, something as silly and ordinary as that caught my attention. And I still remember how I kept staring at those impressions for a couple of seconds.Just as I was about to leave home, my second nephew started crying. I went back to his room and patted him slowly on the chest for a couple of minutes till he stopped.
After I left home, my sister needed some cotton and my dad could only, immediately, find a sterile pad which he gave her. She thought of saying, "Someone might need it. All I need is some cotton." But she didn't, instead just thought everyone will be fine and no one would need it.
After I left home, my sister needed some cotton and my dad could only, immediately, find a sterile pad which he gave her. She thought of saying, "Someone might need it. All I need is some cotton." But she didn't, instead just thought everyone will be fine and no one would need it.AFTER
Once admitted to the hospital, the nurse said examining my bruised hand, "I will clean it with Betadine. It might hurt a little."
There is a certain superstition that when a baby is born satisfying conditions blah, blah, blah... the uncle is supposed to see the reflection of the baby's face in oil first, then directly. My second nephew satisfied the conditions and I was duly made aware of the superstition by a relative. Obviously, I didn't care for it and neither did my brother (the next day). I met my fate, and 2 days later while coming to the hospital to see me, my brother met with a what-could-have-been-a-serious-accident but luckily escaped unscathed. Suddenly, everyone now feels it's safe not to ignore the superstition.Looking back, do you think there was more to what caught my eye. Could this be a way of interpreting, what Steve Jobs said, 'Connecting the dots'. Or am I just being John Nash? Either way scares me.

No comments:
Post a Comment