Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Apple iPad (Updated)

The best example of what happens when you beat market expectations too many times.

As with all Apple products, there was a lot of hype prior to the launch and a lot of talk post it. In short - a lot of free media coverage. But what iPad got extra is, and I bet Jobs didn't expect this, countless parodies - beginning from the "no-brainer" iTampon tweets to elaborate videos (animation included).

After watching a short 4-min clip of Jobs unveiling the iPad, my first reaction was... Not about the iPad, but about Jobs - must say, he seems to have lost a bit of his charm. But what could he possibly do if all his research team could come up with is an oversized iPod Touch.

But who cares about the original keynotes. Here are some light-hearted (but true?) takes on the iPad.

How many 'Phenomenal's is the iPad ?


The Touch atleast fits in your pocket. How do you carry the iPad? (via Joy of Tech)

The Verdict? (This one is H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.)


All said, all those parodies, and comparisons to competitions amount to nothing. I still think, the iPad is a game changer. Its mere presence in the market will push benchmarks higher and also bring in more worthy competition, iPad 2.0 included. And atleast as long as Jobs is alive, Apple would definitely hold the 'WoW' factor - I'm sure it would be a worthy competitor by all measures - sales, most importantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment